| Art in the Frame > About us > Aims and Objectives
Aims and Objectives
- To continue and increase art/craft work in local schools/colleges at all key stages of the curriculum.
- To continue and increase opportunities for our many talented young graduate artists.
- To find a venue, central & easily accessible, for art/craft workers, students, locals and visitors. To become the 'hub' for the foundation with exhibition workshop/lecture space, and a café.
- Build on and develop further links with artists/craft workers from UK and abroad. Develop opportunities for our artists to exhibit abroad.
- To support artists in residence at local schools.
- Provide a 6/12 month bursary for a newly qualified graduate, enabling them to develop their work.
- Develop an "Art and Craft Directory" of local artists/craft workers, bringing more awareness of the many very talented workers to the island, UK and abroad.
- Develop a website from the Directory to promote local talent.
- Working with the States and local business to promote more public art, wherever possible produced by local artists.
- Work with Jersey Tourism to promote Jersey as an Island of talented artists and craft workers.
- Stage an annual 3 day craft event, attracting local, UK and international workers.
- Promote a major art competition - "The Ever Changing Landscape of Jersey", open to artists in all media; local, national and international.
- Help to promote the "Genuine Jersey" logo.
- Support the aspiration to develop a National Gallery of Art in Jersey, a proposition currently under discussion in the Island.
|Helene Richard dit Leschery|