| Art in the Frame > Artists > Tanja Igic
Tanja has been a regular exhibitor in Jersey ever since her work was seen at Craft in the Bay, Cardiff. She has become very popular on the island building up a regular clientele. Her beautiful one-off pieces of jewellery are hand crafted in leather and suede with the addition of silver wire. This will be her fourth visit to Jersey - her workshops, talks and leather jewellery have proved very popular on the island.
Tanja is a self-taught jewellery designer who, having studied for a degree in Business Studies, became interested in making jewellery about twelve years ago.
She has developed her own techniques to work with leather and suede, handcutting each piece, only equipped with simple tools. With amazing dexterity she creates shapes and designs that are original, expressive and refreshing. The pieces are light and easy to wear and can be made in a wide range of colours.
Tanja also produces beautiful greetings cards again decorated with leather and suede and has recently started to produce bookmarks.
1. 3rd Annual Exhibition New Art at the Albany, Albany Gallery, Cardiff, 29th January - 27th February 1999.
2. Up Front Gallery, Cambria, 18th October - 24th November 1999.
3. Bledffa Centre, 6th November - 23rd December 1999.
4. Perception 2, Jersey, Channel Islands, November 1999.
5. Bearing Gifts, Craft in the Bay, Cardiff, November - January 2000.
6. Walford Mill Craft Centre, Dorset, 15th January - 27th February 2000.
7. Ostreme Craft and Art Exhibition, Mumbles, Swansea, Jun - July 2000.
8. Bledfa Centre, July 2000.
9. Newport Museum and Art Gallery, 14th October - 25th November 2000.
10. Christmas Exhibition, Craft in the Bay, Cardiff, November 2000 - January 2001.